We all like to know what the cost of something is before we buy it so I thought it would be helpful to post some pricing estimates on our website in an effort to help you make an informed decision.
Of course I need to tell you what you get, so here it goes:
- A prepared and electronically filed Federal and state income tax return.
- Tax returns are reviewed by a second person before being electronically filed for a variety of errors including data entry and reasonableness compared to the prior year.
- We offer over 60 cumulative years of tax experience at our office. This helps you to know that we know what we are doing and we will be around tomorrow when you need us. Our office prepares over 2,300 tax returns every year.
- We take continuing education classes every year, not only do we take the minimum education requirements the IRS requires. An example is in the year 2015 the IRS required 11 continuing education credits per person. As of right now we have a cumulative total of 132 education credits. This is done to make sure we are up to date on all IRS tax updates, changes and requirements. I want to make sure the staff at this office gives you a quality product and they are qualified to work with you.
- We are open all year round. During the tax season we are open Monday through Friday from 10 am to 8 pm. During the off season we are open 3 or 4 days a week from 10 am to 3 pm.
- We are available to you all year round by Facebook, email, phone calls, texting, in person, or if you are old school, by mail.
- We are a family owned and mostly family operated business. When you call or come by, you will either talk with someone in the family or someone who has been around so long, they are considered family.
- We offer a variety of ways for you to have your tax return prepared. You can make an appointment to come in and do your tax return, you can mail in your documents or you can upload your documents to our secure website.
Now that I have wowed you with what we offer, following is an idea of what the estimated cost would be to have your tax return prepared at our office.
Keep in mind the listed prices are estimates and will not be the exact cost of your tax return. You will more than likely have more or less than you realize which will affect the price of your tax return. Until the tax return is actually prepared there is no way for us to give you an exact fee.
- 1040EZ and Minnesota $45 – $65
- 1040A and Minnesota $115 – $140
- 1040 and Minnesota $125 – $150
- 1040A, MN, and EITC $140 – $150
- 1040, MN Sch A $140 – $160
- 1040, MN, Sch A, Sch C $160 – $400
- 1040, MN, Sch A, Sch E $160 – $400
- M1PR Renters Refund Tax Return $30
- M1PR Homeowners Refund Tax Return $30
- Dependent 1040EZ Tax Return $25 – Must be a 1040EZ and a dependent
The above amounts are to give you an idea of what it might cost you, the lower and upper range is not a definite range, the cost may be more or less than the range listed above.
Discounts offered off the total preparation fee for a Federal (1040 and 1040A) and Minnesota Individual Income tax returns.
- New Client Discount $15 Off – Can not have been a client in the past
- Retiree Discount $25 – For clients 65 and older, both taxpayer’s need to be retired.
- Competitors Coupons up to $30 – We accept competitors coupons
- Law Enforcement 25%
- Firefighter Discount 25%
- EMT Discount 25%
- Military Discount 25% – Currently serving in the military
The above discounts only apply to having both the Federal and Minnesota Individual Income Tax Returns including the Form 1040, 1040A and M1. Only one discount per tax return. Discounts and coupons are not applicable to the 1040EZ Tax Return.
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Sherry M. Daugherty